Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (New Costume)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
from those pics, it looks like they sorted out the leg armour. that was the only concern I had with this figure, but seeing that they have fixed that I am pre-ordering one now.

main.php

The HT TDK suit and BEGINS suit are easily the best Batman figures around. Display those with the DC Direct TDK Joker, and you got the best representations around.

Like some of these magazine scans, presenting the proportion more accurately (without camera lens distortion) & in nice lighting. Looking nice. Really anxious to see the final product, but at the same time, don't mind if Hot Toys need more time to work out some of the issues & improvements. From some latest posts in HK toy forums, people saw the updated display prototype at the HT store has wires inside the cape. No more fish line holding up the 'flying' cape on the Badpod riding Batman. That could be very good news, and makes it a lot more fun posing the cape alone.

2703848122_6c33c43a5e_b.jpg

They still use the old head on this one though, but the cape is updated. While the new head is in a standing pose figure at a different display spot in the store.
1st of all ... that piece right there is F-ing fantastc. Wish I could afford those two. But one question, why is everyone calling that the "old head" looks just like Bale and TDK cowl. I'm not seeing the difference. Can someone explain?

1st of all ... that piece right there is F-ing fantastc. Wish I could afford those two. But one question, why is everyone calling that the "old head" looks just like Bale and TDK cowl. I'm not seeing the difference. Can someone explain?

The new cowl has nostril definition on the nose, and theres a bit of difference on the mouth opening, its much smaller i think, and the brow is different as well.
thats all I know though, i bet theres more to it than that.

The HT TDK suit and BEGINS suit are easily the best Batman figures around. Display those with the DC Direct TDK Joker, and you got the best representations around.

I'll give the DCD Joker credit for the best face sculpt out there, can't go wrong with a 3D scan, but after that, the figure takes a turn for the worse. The costuming and accessories look nice, but the proportions overall are too off, they make him look like a 7 foot tall basketball player or something, and the hair on the DCD head is the worst out there, even Medicom's stylistic approach is a better representation. I think overall, Hot Toys Joker will deliver the best head to toe representation of the Joker, it has its flaws, but I think it has more rights than any other Ledger Joker out there in mass production.

i will probaly get the dcd one as well but switch the head mearly because the hair looks so out of place and the pistol and knifes they gave him are wrong.

I'll give the DCD Joker credit for the best face sculpt out there, can't go wrong with a 3D scan, but after that, the figure takes a turn for the worse. The costuming and accessories look nice, but the proportions overall are too off, they make him look like a 7 foot tall basketball player or something, and the hair on the DCD head is the worst out there, even Medicom's stylistic approach is a better representation. I think overall, Hot Toys Joker will deliver the best head to toe representation of the Joker, it has its flaws, but I think it has more rights than any other Ledger Joker out there in mass production.

Yeah but I'll trade a lanky Joker ... Heath himself is pretty lanky at 6'1 / 6'2 ... and I'll trade the most accurate form of clothes for the most accurate head sculpt around for Heath's TDK Joker and pay significantly less, all while having better accessories as well. Overall, there isn't that much difference in quality of the clothing material. Not enough to justify HT's price given how inaccurate the face looks. Medicom's is just pure crap. From head to toe. HT has an awesome structure and clothing, but not enough to warrant $150. For $80 - $90 you get the most accurate Joker in looks, decent quality clothing, worst body structure, and the best accessories.

Yeah, his hair isn't the greatest on the DC Direct, but I rather have the face be perfect and the hair slightly off ... as opposed to the hair being nailed, and the face looking nothing like Heath Ledger's Joker.

My opinion, but w/e. We virtually agreed on most points. haha

i will probaly get the dcd one as well but switch the head mearly because the hair looks so out of place and the pistol and knifes they gave him are wrong.

No, they gave him the glock he uses the entire movie. The knives aren't accurate, but they could just be the "pocket full of knives and lint" that get thrown on the table at the Major Crimes Unit. The only HT accessory that out does DC is the accurate knife. But the DC has all the Joker cards, the glock he uses, the BANK ROBBERY MASK !!! No comparison.

Except that the knife HT's comes with is the one he uses the most....so....

Also, Heath isnt really lankey. I mean, i've never seen him nude or nothing, but if you've seen A Knights Tale....he's not a skinny punk.

I haven't seen a Knights Tale per se ... but I stood directly infront of him on the set of The Dark Knight last year. And yeah, he's kind of lanky.

...Which looks completely stupid when he's wearing it
And is probably the reason that the hair looks as bad as it is.

I don't think it looks that bad. How does it look bad? It would have to be that way. And really it was an oversized mask like that in real life. But either way, it's an awesome accessory. You could have him pose with his back to you, looking down while holding it like that epic image to start the movie.

Like some of these magazine scans, presenting the proportion more accurately (without camera lens distortion) & in nice lighting. Looking nice. Really anxious to see the final product, but at the same time, don't mind if Hot Toys need more time to work out some of the issues & improvements. From some latest posts in HK toy forums, people saw the updated display prototype at the HT store has wires inside the cape. No more fish line holding up the 'flying' cape on the Badpod riding Batman. That could be very good news, and makes it a lot more fun posing the cape alone.

2703848122_6c33c43a5e_b.jpg

They still use the old head on this one though, but the cape is updated. While the new head is in a standing pose figure at a different display spot in the store.

It's great if Hot Toys decided to have wire inserts in the cape. Would look awesome for the poses of him on the Batpod.

However, from what I've seen, Hot Toys Batman capes have been high quality stuff. Two different materials, different one for the cape itself and there was a different material for the inner lining as well.

I reckon the cape would be really heavy and to support the folds etc to represent the "flowing in the wind", the wires would have to be really strong!

Unless, Hot Toys made a lighter cape (TAKARA style, no inner lining) to reduce the weight of the cape.

Guess we'll have to wait until more information becomes available.

Hi everyone,

Can someone be kind enough to tell me where I can still pre-order the HT TDK Batman, Joker and Bat Pod? Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back