McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Terrible. With ThreeA and DPToys coming out with 1/6 versions, who would anyone waste their money on this half baked, out of scale garbage? Macfarlane at its best.

Terrible. With ThreeA and DPToys coming out with 1/6 versions, who would anyone waste their money on this half baked, out of scale garbage? Macfarlane at its best.

I mean if you already started the line, like me, I wouldn't stop. I like the scale too, could get a whole series and a half for the price of one 1/6 fig. Don't get me wrong, I'm still gnna pick up some characters from 3zero threeA. (Always get mixed up). But no way are they gnna make as many characters and zombies as mcfarlane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e5uzyjen.jpg
well.. That sucks.

Hong Kong versions AGAIN?? I knew there has to be some issues with McFarlane stuff released over here (Im from HK)
Worst culprit were the 10" Darly...I went through over 10 boxes and found problems with all of them. I have four with me now and only one comes to the quality I expected. I will sell the rest later.....I might stop after series 5 and just concentrate on 3Zero instead.

Weird that Michonne and Tyreese both look so good and spot on, but characters with lighter skin seem to be really hit and miss. I know nothing about painting figures. Are characters with darker skin easier to get right, or is it just coincidence?

Usually its the opposite. I've seen very talented painters here struggle painting black sculpts as its something they don't paint up as often. Perhaps retail/factory painting is different, but in the custom world at least it seems to be the opposite. The zombies tend to come out well painted too. :dunno

Wow, their prototypes always look amazing.....but production figures end up looking like bad. Every time with each new series I have renewed hope that the paint will be mediocre, but at least from these first productions figures we've seen of series 5, they don't even look mediocre.

Ugh, Mcfarlane, I hope this Walgreens batch are the rejects.

Haha wow, out already so much earlier than expected. Roughed up Glenn out of the packaging looks better than it was shown earlier back in a couple of pages.
Hope Maggie does look good as well. Can't expect too much from this series or McFarlane at all anymore.

Feel like carrots dangling in front of a Donkey, always teasing us these digital shots and it comes out rotten...lol

Ironically, I don't think we ever saw prototypes of this wave - just digital mock ups.

True, and that's the problem. Those digital mock-ups are made to look amazing; but it ends up raising the bar to high for what the production figures turn out to look like.

I'm still hoping with more images of series 5 that they look a lot better.

Back