Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But you’re saying that as if it is fact. There are members here who are loving most of what they see with MGSV, and they shouldn’t have to think twice before posting something positive about the game. I told you before that there has been several members here who have contacted me by pm, and have told me that don’t like to post on here out of fear of being attacked. Thats just plain wrong. If you really don’t like the way the game is going, there are several other way to go about letting Konami know about your distaste with what they’re doing with the series, but your opinion, and I’m not talking about you directly, should be forced on other members here.

Petitions, emails, go on the Konami forum, there are other ways to go about it, without causing all this arguing. This is a website for collectors who enjoy a variety of things, Konami most likely won’t be listening to any criticism here.

Believe me, I've had many messages about you, pturtle - from people who absolutely can't stand your behavior. I'll be honest, from the moment you arrived here, you've had a problem with the members here because they didn't adhere to the status quo. If you don't like criticisms, then tough. You probably joined the wrong discussion board.

No one's right in this situation. We're all here to discuss the series in our own ways and "getting along" doesn't mean having to agree with everything. I just hope that you understand that isn't meant to be a one-sided discussion forum.

But, everyone still has to respect each other. Personally, I don't want to see the nonsense between you and Jason (or anyone else for that matter) like I did today.

I don’t expect it to be, me Gaspar, and Henry disagree on a lot of things here, but we have not once argued with each other. Statements here causing arguments because of people’s age, or how long they’ve been a series of the franchise is just wrong. Anyone can be a fan of this series, and they have just as much say, as all the guys who played every game and was a fan since the start. Those opinions you should keep to yourself because all they do is bring arguments. Nobody here is a bigger fan than anyone else here, we are all fans of this franchise.

thanks for the report pturtle. let everyone know in here who did that, infracted 6 hours after the whole incident transpired.

yeah i guess we form like voltron and team up against you. pffft, im out. i cant stand this place anymore.

But you’re saying that as if it is fact. There are members here who are loving most of what they see with MGSV, and they shouldn’t have to think twice before posting something positive about the game. I told you before that there has been several members here who have contacted me by pm, and have told me that don’t like to post on here out of fear of being attacked. Thats just plain wrong. If you really don’t like the way the game is going, there are several other way to go about letting Konami know about your distaste with what they’re doing with the series, but your opinion, and I’m not talking about you directly, should be forced on other members here.

Petitions, emails, go on the Konami forum, there are other ways to go about it, without causing all this arguing. This is a website for collectors who enjoy a variety of things, Konami most likely won’t be listening to any criticism here.

I have never attacked someone for saying something positive about this game but certain members here do seem abrasive at times. Me and Pliss have shared many PMs trying to figure out what exactly made it so hard for us to talk to you in particular so it goes both ways. Everyone just needs to realize that it takes two to argue (in this case often more) and that no one here is acting completely innocent and getting attacked for no reason. I am sure if that were the case Dave could just look back at the previous conversations and boot people solving the problem entirely.

At any rate maybe now that the game is about to be released we can actually have something to discuss other than our differing opinions.

Believe me, I've had many messages about you, pturtle - from people who absolutely can't stand your behavior. I'll be honest, from the moment you arrived here, you've had a problem with the members here because they didn't adhere to the status quo. If you don't like criticisms, then tough. You probably joined the wrong discussion board.

I have never attacked any member here for their opinion on the game, remember the name you called me? “White Knight”, why did you call me that? I happen to try and help other members here when they’re being ganged up on, especially when you criticized Jack for his age, or Henry because he hadn’t played every game yet. Those things need to be cut out. Nobody here is better than anyone else.

I don’t expect it to be, me Gaspar, and Henry disagree on a lot of things here, but we have not once argued with each other. Statements here causing arguments because of people’s age, or how long they’ve been a series of the franchise is just wrong. Anyone can be a fan of this series, and they have just as much say, as all the guys who played every game and was a fan since the start. Those opinions you should keep to yourself because all they do is bring arguments. Nobody here is a bigger fan than anyone else here, we are all fans of this franchise.

How many weeks/months ago did these arguments happen again? I don't keep a checklist on your behavior in this thread, but if I did, I'm sure I could fill up a few note books on it.

And on your last statement, thank you for acknowledging that.

I have never attacked someone for saying something positive about this game but certain members here do seem abrasive at times. Me and Pliss have shared many PMs trying to figure out what exactly made it so hard for us to talk to you in particular so it goes both ways. Everyone just need to realize that it takes two to argue (in this case often more) and that no one here is acting completely innocent and getting attacked for no reason. I am sure if that were the case Dave could just look back at the previous conversations and boot people solving the problem entirely.

At any rate maybe now that the game is about to be released we can actually have something to discuss other than our differing opinions.

I have been civil with you, but I also remember a time where I said Ground Zeroes was a but too expensive, but I was still going to buy it, and made a statement about how I’m wrong for that. You guys here are all friends, you guys are in every thread together, you guys are friends in real life outside of SSF, so of course you guys are going to agree with each other. Lets just keep the peace so that the administrator doesn’t have to come back in here. Or you don’t remember calling me HideoSutherland for no reason when that member came in here causing problems?

How many weeks/months ago did these arguments happen again? I don't keep a checklist on your behavior in this thread, but if I did, I'm sure I could fill up a few note books on it.

And on your last statement, thank you for acknowledging that.

Same for you man, I’m not acting innocent, just drop it already and lets discuss the game.

I have been civil with you, but I also remember a time where I said Ground Zeroes was a but too expensive, but I was still going to buy it, and made a statement about how I’m wrong for that. You guys here are all friends, you guys are in every thread together, you guys are friends in real life outside of SSF, so of course you guys are going to agree with each other. Lets just keep the peace so that the administrator doesn’t have to come back in here.

Thats not what I said and I am sorry you took it that way but whatever I dont care that was months ago and for the record I have never met a single person in this thread IRL. I live in Arizona no one does that by choice so I dont think anyone else on this board is from here. But lets end this discussion once and for all

Saw this on IGN

original.jpg

Not sure abut here but Pturtle has been great in the movie section.

Ok I know a lot of things happened in the past, I argued with people here before and I don't hate anyone.

I respect you all I wanted to say that, I respect you all and I think I know you all a bit more than before since we all have been talking for a while here, lets try to leave the old arguments behind shall we? we don't need to go through that old road again :peace

Saw this on IGN

original.jpg

Not sure abut here but Pturtle has been great in the movie section.

Thanks Nova, I really appreciate that man.

The game so far is in convention for my game of the year. The only other game that I will probably enjoy more than this is Arkham Knight.

I will say on the subject of the games length I dont know why everyone suddenly started listening to what Game Informer has to say. Absolutely terrible Magazine in my opinion.

They get info in no time, thats mainly why I read their stuff, but reading I noticed they know NOTHING about MGS, I have some friends that didn't play any MGS and they know far more than them :dunno :lol I just read becasue I curious they could have intresting info

They do get info before other sources sometimes but they are more often than not no where near the mark on reviews and opinion pieces to me.

I will say on the subject of the games length I dont know why everyone suddenly started listening to what Game Informer has to say. Absolutely terrible Magazine in my opinion.

I keep hearing reports of how it's 2 hours at most for a first play-through. It doesn't really seem like a long game. Eight hours is probably what it'll take to finish all of the side quests and gather items.

Back