MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol at ppl claiming $450-$500 is an okay price. seems like the slow price increases have finally made it seem like the prices are ok now. has everyone forgotten what previous figures went for?

The sound of a million wallets and credit cards crying. I'm still debating if I want to get this guy or not. I love the Iron Man movies but when it comes to spending this much on a collectible like this it is somewhat ridiculious. Plus if you pre-order from Sideshow you have to pay a 40 something non-refundible deposit.

Wow as much as i like this and have been waiting for its release, this is just more than i can bring myself to spend on it.

lol at ppl claiming $450-$500 is an okay price. seems like the slow price increases have finally made it seem like the prices are ok now. has everyone forgotten what previous figures went for?

Like what? What else recently has Hot Toys released that's comparable? This thing is 18" tall and has a lot of pieces.

People often point out how "cheap" plastic is but that's only in really high production numbers. The up-front cost of making injection plastic molds is very very high and the more molds the higher the cost. You see companies like Mattel doing their damnedest to reduce the number of new molds they make because every new mold is a huge hit to profits.

The closest I can think of comparison wise is Ed-209 which isn't as large or as complex and came out in 2006 and was $200.

People pay way more than $500 for toys and dolls. As I have pointed out before, if you want to have a heart attack go look at the 1/4 scale BJD market. Just nude bodies will run you hundreds of dollars.

What do you want it made out of? If it was made out of metal it would cost more by a factor of 10 or 20 times ($5000-10000). If it was made out of polystone (which is just plastic mixed with some powdered stone) then it would break AND would cost a whole lot more.

What do you want it made out of? If it was made out of metal it would cost more by a factor of 10 or 20 times ($5000-10000). If it was made out of polystone (which is just plastic mixed with some powdered stone) then it would break AND would cost a whole lot more.

This is easily breakable......with your hands versus polystone.

Back