MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a case of folding/changing the position of his feet but as his shin guard slides down it covers any gap made on his legs when doing so

I know what you mean when you say the whole "Gift exchange thing".Although maybe you re like me,in as much as I'd happily buy anything for anyone,as long as I knew what they wanted.Its the whole trawling round the shops buying random crap with a scattergun approach I hate.

Problem from my end with gifts is Im embarrassed to admit I collect this stuff!My birthdays Christmas Day so I could easily get away with asking for a Dx10,which I'd absolutely love.But I'd feel ashamed.So more socks and Arnies biography it is!

I feel you man...I am the same way. Never be embarrassed about who you are. I think everyone that knows me, knows I am a big dork and collect dorky things. I even post my collection pictures on facebook for everyone to see. Some people laugh about it but to each there own. I think they are amazing works of art. No different than someone collecting little glass figurines, vases or other similar items.

I feel you man...I am the same way. Never be embarrassed about who you are. I think everyone that knows me, knows I am a big dork and collect dorky things. I even post my collection pictures on facebook for everyone to see. Some people laugh about it but to each there own. I think they are amazing works of art. No different than someone collecting little glass figurines, vases or other similar items.

I wouldn't worry about it. Most my family & friends seem to take interest in my hobby of this but at the same time I'd never ask my wife or anyone to buy me anything from this hobby because I don't want them knowing how much I spend on this stuff lol

I wouldn't worry about it. Most my family & friends seem to take interest in my hobby of this but at the same time I'd never ask my wife or anyone to buy me anything from this hobby because I don't want them knowing how much I spend on this stuff lol

Now that is understandable. Lots of my friends are dorks like me so when some of them come over, they appreciate them as much as I do but would not dare tell them how much I spent on some of the stuff I have. I think my wife is the only one who knows because I do not keep anything from here. She is fine with it because its my own money and I do not spend out of our "Normal" pot of cash.

I also have problems with buying electronics, games, and my ride has to be good. LOL

...it also helps that my wife likes them just as much as I do. I feel bad for the guys who catch hell for buying figures.

I know what you mean when you say the whole "Gift exchange thing".Although maybe you re like me,in as much as I'd happily buy anything for anyone,as long as I knew what they wanted.Its the whole trawling round the shops buying random crap with a scattergun approach I hate.

Problem from my end with gifts is Im embarrassed to admit I collect this stuff!My birthdays Christmas Day so I could easily get away with asking for a Dx10,which I'd absolutely love.But I'd feel ashamed.So more socks and Arnies biography it is!

I'm never embarrassed! I'm a proud nerd!!! :rock

:exactly: :wink1:

...it also helps that my wife likes them just as much as I do. I feel bad for the guys who catch hell for buying figures.

Gosh, I wish! My wife doesn't get it at all..."why spend so much money on something that's just going to sit there"...but she loves me and tries to support it since I like the hobby so much.

Seeing as I currently have a photo of my HT Ghost Rider figure as my FB cover photo, I'd say "nerd and proud". LOL

My Wife is totally down with my collection as she views them as works of art. Plus she likes that they hold their value really well, so in her eyes we aren't really spending $200 on a figure, if we could easily turn around and sell it for close to the same amount later if we wanted to.

Oh and apparently I'm getting a HT for Christmas, it's already under the tree. Based on arrival time I'm guessing it's the DX12. :yess:

Heh, we're sounding like Figure Collectors' Anonymous in here! 'cept we're not really anonymous.

Anyway I'm in a pretty rotten situation as far as this hobby goes. I'm disabled. Was able to keep my own place for a long time but as my health issues have multiplied I've had to move back home.

Most of my friends are dorks/nerds too so they know how much this stuff costs and constantly look at me sideways. I know they're thinking that it's irresponsible to be spending money on this stuff when I've got a mountain of bills. But I do nearly everything on flexpay, and I'm meeting my expenses every month and still giving my folks some cash too, although they don't ask for it.

So every time I get a new figure I get a mixture of excitement and shame. No one SAYS anything, and I've probably developed something of a persecution complex (depression and anxiety are just symptomatic of my other health issues) but I think I deal with it okay. It's good to have a place like this to talk figures.
:)

Well you certainly won't get that here.

And it's your money, it's yours to spend how you want. If collecting brings you joy, more power to ya!

Thanks man. It really DOES do something for me, mentally at least. Allows me to get out of my own head and think about things besides pain, the next surgery, the next test, the next problem, etc.

I keep a chart (I should probably teach myself spreadsheets, heh) to make sure I meet all my REAL financial responsibilities before starting a flexpay or outright buying a figure. I've actually got a great family (hell, my brother is getting me Avengers Cap for xmas) and small group of friends; I don't want to sound like they make things difficult for me. I'm just overly self-conscious.

I went ahead and ordered one of thesehttps://www.ebay.com/itm/140423874765?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 for my monger. I know some people said they were crap on this thread but I think it will look just find being crushed in his hand. The Mark III version is just to dang expensive, if you can even find it. I think it will make a good visual accessory and for only $11....meh.

Damn now you made me order one :gah: Only joking. Yeah for the price you cant go wrong. :ted

I went ahead and ordered one of thesehttps://www.ebay.com/itm/140423874765?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 for my monger. I know some people said they were crap on this thread but I think it will look just find being crushed in his hand. The Mark III version is just to dang expensive, if you can even find it. I think it will make a good visual accessory and for only $11....meh.

Made me get one too :). Thanks for the link. I too think its money well spent for a nice little accessory.

Back