MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just caved in and bought it from my local comic book store.
The box is smaller than i expected but the figure is bigger.lol
Merry xmas to me.

The fit in Iron Monger for Obi's head is so tight, I didn't want to risk scratching the paint by leaving it on while the suit was closed up. So I decided to take the head and make separate Obi figure. The suit is a Saturday Toys suit and its a near identical match to the suit he wears when Pepper is downloading the plans from his computer. I had actually bought the suit for a different project, but the suit is little on the big side for that, so I went with it for Obi, much like someone else did earlier in this thread. Gave him some of the longer ankle pegs for a bit more height (and because the suit is a little on the big side)/ Also added a Goering ring to his right pinky and the cigar to finish him off!

20121209102541.jpg

20121209102618.jpg

20121209102646.jpg

The fit in Iron Monger for Obi's head is so tight, I didn't want to risk scratching the paint by leaving it on while the suit was closed up. So I decided to take the head and make separate Obi figure. The suit is a Saturday Toys suit and its a near identical match to the suit he wears when Pepper is downloading the plans from his computer. I had actually bought the suit for a different project, but the suit is little on the big side for that, so I went with it for Obi, much like someone else did earlier in this thread. Gave him some of the longer ankle pegs for a bit more height (and because the suit is a little on the big side)/ Also added a Goering ring to his right pinky and the cigar to finish him off!

20121209102541.jpg

20121209102618.jpg

20121209102646.jpg

Great job on putting together Obi, the suit and other little touches work really well.

20121209102541.jpg

20121209102618.jpg

20121209102646.jpg

Looks great. :clap

I got my Monger in the mail today. He is a BEAST...but he was probably the least satisfying figure I have opened in the last couple of months.

He is truly an engineering feat, but I am just hung up over the price tag. Figure prices keep rising, but I have never spent this much on a figure and the knowledge of how much I spent on it is really detracting from my enjoyment of this guy. Anyone else feel the same way?

And yes, I know I will probably feel the same way when Hulk ships next year.

Gosh, no. He felt like he was worth every penny. Would I have liked a cheaper price? Sure. But I felt at least like Hot Toys delivered for the price.

I got my Monger in the mail today. He is a BEAST...but he was probably the least satisfying figure I have opened in the last couple of months.

He is truly an engineering feat, but I am just hung up over the price tag. Figure prices keep rising, but I have never spent this much on a figure and the knowledge of how much I spent on it is really detracting from my enjoyment of this guy. Anyone else feel the same way?

I havn't got mine yet, but when i look at the Tumbler at a comparison, i do feel the Monger was a little overpriced, but that may change when i've actually got the monster in my hands :p

I'm also on the fence about keeping my order. I do feel it's expensive for this scale when there are so many other choices. Decision decision....

Last edited:
I'm also on the fence about keeping my order. I do feel it's expensive for this scale when there are so many other choices. Decision decision....

Keep your order. It's worth every penny. It's the first Hot Toys that I couldn't stop staring at for hours.

There's no way around the fact that he is an expensive figure. However...Iron Monger has kind of meant the exact opposite for me. I received my DX12 a couple weeks before, and right out of the box he had a broken shoulder, so Monger was a refreshing change of pace. His size alone makes him such a nice addition to the collection, and yet there's so much to love about Monger in terms of detail, and engineering. I think of him as twice the price, for twice the nice. To me he really is worth the cost of two hot toys, but for whatever it's worth...I hope he grows on you. I hate that feeling of not being completely elated with something I paid a lot of money for.

I havn't got mine yet, but when i look at the Tumbler at a comparison, i do feel the Monger was a little overpriced, but that may change when i've actually got the monster in my hands :p

It's just different strokes for different folks. For me it's kinda reversed. While I love the Batmobiles, and can't wait for the '89...Monger justifies the price even more to me. For one, Monger is about 130 bucks less (depending on your etailer) than the '89 Batmobile, and the same price as the Tumbler. Both are great display pieces no doubt, and have their strengths but for me I'd rather have a giant 1/6th poseable figure. To me the Batmobile is just an amazing accessory for Batman. It's got some great detail, and some awesome features/weapons...but in the end it's just a car. I'm gonna pop-up the machine guns, open the hatch, and it's gonna just sit there and look awesome on the coffee table in my game/man cave. In contrast something like Iron Monger, or the Hulk seems more dynamic to me, with a wider range of display options.

Yep, i agree with you.

my other passion is cars, so i guess i'm slightly bias.
If it was too much of an issue, i wouldn't have hit the buy button :p

just a painful wait!

Back