Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi - 1/6th scale Darth Vader™ Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well...

While tinkering with the stand tube that attaches to the base, the small plastic cap on top of it broke (there is a lid-like plastic cap that's placed on the top end of the stand. I think the pressure from removing the black hook caused the small cap to pop off. I think it was originally glued in.

I glued it back, but if it pops off again, it shouldn't be an issue, right? Not sure what the purpose of it is, as the other end of the tube doesn't have one. Or should the tube be placed on the base with this cap being at the bottom?

1723200633758.jpg

Last edited:
Well...

While tinkering with the stand tube that attaches to the base, the small plastic cap on top of it broke (there is a lid-like plastic cap that's placed on the top end of the stand. I think the pressure from removing the black hook caused the small cap to pop off. I think it was originally glued in.

I glued it back, but if it pops off again, it shouldn't be an issue, right? Not sure what the purpose of it is, as the other end of the tube doesn't have one. Or should the tube be placed on the base with this cap being at the bottom?

View attachment 719133
I don't know the 'correct' way to do it. I'm not sure it really matters because you can't see it with the figure on display, but me personally I have the end with the cap at the bottom

Although looking at it now it looks like it can go either way

I had him for months and just now set him up. Note: He barely fit in the detolf with the larger base. This is definitely a figure to be displayed in the large Moducases or out in the open. 10/10 figure.

Attachments

• IMG_0034.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0036.jpeg
  • IMG_0050.jpeg
  • IMG_0052.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
My Vader has arrived, this is now my only Star War collectible....
Okay, he is seriously impressive.
I had NO IDEA he would be so tall, gonna be a challenge to fit him on the base in a detolf, but I love how imposing it makes him, it really adds a lot to the figure and I'm not gonna lie made for a cool and fun experience in the unboxing.

Super impressed with the proportions, clothing, the weight and drape of the cape, the lights on the body and the lightsaber are so much more impressive than I thought they would be, kind of blows my mind they glow so bright even in bright daylight.
Gotta figure out the display location and cables because no way am I displaying His Lordship without his awesome light effects.

Not one I see myself going crazy on the poses with, I'll take a gander on this thread to see if I get inspired, but honestly just him stood there with his saber drawn and his hand raised in either a fist or a force choke/shove is just so.... right.
Sometimes figures lend themselves to endless poses and you change them up all the time.... and sometimes you hit that sweet spot almost straight away and struggle to let it go! :ROFLMAO: Its a good thing though, really demonstrates the power of the figure and its presence that it has such a strong impact from a relatively simple pose.

The only thing I can't decide between is which head to display him with, both the cracked dome/mask and the intact head are just SO GOOD, I honestly just keep swapping them trying to decide which I prefer and realizing I cant make a decision! 😅
Seriously wonderful to be spoiled for choice between two such awesome options.
It is remarkable how just changing the head and nothing else can alter the entire effect/presence so much - from cold and untouchable juggernaut to cruel and sadistic monster.

Not gonna lie - I was gonna cancel this, I am not the biggest Star Wars fan in the world, and like I said since I sold my Deluxe Mando this is now my only Star Wars collectible, not just the only figure, but the only piece of Star Wars merch in my house.
I got it because, in the end, I was so tempted by the awesome pics and videos you all shared here and I was really impressed by the figure as a piece of 1/6 craftsmanship, and I was also drawn to Vader because he is, unquestionably, one of if not the most iconic villains of all time - and I have a lifelong love for movie villains and my enjoyment of the Vader [and Emperor Palpatine] characters transcended the Star Wars movies and fandom.
Nonetheless, I was so close to cancelling, and the sensible financial voice in my head kept telling me to do so.
Every time I glance over at the figure as I write this, that voice is silenced.
What an incredible figure, what an enjoyable unboxing, what a perfect representation of such a cool and iconic character.
My head tells me im an idiot, but my heart is so happy to have this piece - and lets be honest, if we all listened to our heads we wouldn't be in this crazy and expensive hobby!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1724251235907.jpeg1724251317773.jpeg1724251301826.jpeg1724251253952.jpeg1724251353002.jpeg

I also remembered I had an older Vader figure's codpiece [sadly I no longer remember from which figure] that I wanted to put on this Vader as I remember thinking from the promo pics that the codpiece on this looked a little big and "diaper-ish"
In person though, I didn't think that at all and genuinely think the stock codpiece looks fine with the proportions of the figure and not distracting at all.

Nonetheless, I still tried the older 1/6 codpiece on this Vader and..... yeah, it elevates an already awesome figure into the realm of incredible.
It makes such a surprising, yet effective, difference.
1724251670561.jpeg
1724251688003.jpeg
1724251703286.jpeg
1724251742180.jpeg
1724251826645.jpeg

I also remembered I had an older Vader figure's codpiece [sadly I no longer remember from which figure] that I wanted to put on this Vader as I remember thinking from the promo pics that the codpiece on this looked a little big and "diaper-ish"
In person though, I didn't think that at all and genuinely think the stock codpiece looks fine with the proportions of the figure and not distracting at all.

Nonetheless, I still tried the older 1/6 codpiece on this Vader and..... yeah, it elevates an already awesome figure into the realm of incredible.
View attachment 721397View attachment 721398View attachment 721399View attachment 721400View attachment 721401
Thanks for sharing. It’s really great to see a fellow collector have so much excitement and fun with their latest addition.

If anyone is still looking for a deal on the deluxe set, it looks like Popcultcha has it in stock again after its preorders sold out for the last several months.
I would've saved myself around $70 USD if I waited until now to get it. :angryfist:

(EDIT: Oh, it looks like AdamDoom89 already reported this a couple days ago.)

Last edited:
He might just be my favorite figure😬

I’ve swapped the crotch plate over from the Tarkin 2 pack Vader (which was flaking to the touch when I went to get it). I don’t think it’s necessary, I don’t even think it looks better per say, but I don’t wanna mess with the pose to swap it back lol.

IMG_7207.jpeg

View attachment 721397View attachment 721398View attachment 721399View attachment 721400View attachment 721401
Any idea which one it was? Does the cod piece just attach/detach via velcro?

Back