1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think we might get a switch-out, dented left pectoral plate, too?

hulkbuster-70.jpg

I have no plans on getting the XLIII and I've never been an advocate of swapping a figure into and out of HB (too many chances something could go wrong :lol), but is anyone else a little bummed that the KA version has that feature but the HT version doesn't?

I have no plans on getting the XLIII and I've never been an advocate of swapping a figure into and out of HB (too many chances something could go wrong :lol), but is anyone else a little bummed that the KA version has that feature but the HT version doesn't?

I'm not, I can't see the benefit of hiding the beautiful MK43 inside HB, they are both amazing figures and I think it would be much better to display them both together.....
Its a useless feature imo

It's a stupid gimmick to be honest. I don't see the point of being able to say "I can put this Mark 43 figure into this hollow hole in Hulkbuster." The bust being provided in HT's version is more than enough and allows you to have your Mark 43 displayed outside along it.

The KA feature is cool to say on paper but I just don't see the point of being able to do it when you're at home posing these figures. Just adds a layer of things to do to be able to achieve the look of Mark 43's head in HB.

And this is coming from someone who likes KA's version better than HT overall.

*put in 43 into HB*

That's a cool feature!

*takes 43 out of hb*

*sees all the scratches*

Aww should've gotten the HT version

The Diecast and Articulation is what KA has over HT but the gimmick just seems like a way to get people to buy both their HB and Mark 43 figure.

While the KA HB is a mighty impressive piece, it's other 1/9 IM don't seem as nice, especially if you're comparing them to their HT counterparts. At least to me.

Not for me too.. Something got to give for a hollow hulkbuster suit. I would rather have better articulation, better built quality and durability for posing rather then a hollow figure. But I can't say that KA is going to have less articulation etc, but something got to give if the suit is hollow.

I never held a KA in my hands before through. They can still change my opinion once their figure comes out or when someone do an extensive review on the prototype.

Fun Fact: The Hulkbuster is named Veronica. The name Veronica also has a certain significance for Tony Stark. Veronica Benning becomes the physical therapist for Tony Stark after coming out of cryogenic suspension. Things get personal between the two when Veronica reveals her affection towards Tony Stark. She appears in "The Invincible Iron Man" "Force Works" and "Iron Man:The Ultimate Guide to the Armored Super Hero" comics.

Fun Fact: The Hulkbuster is named Veronica. The name Veronica also has a certain significance for Tony Stark. Veronica Benning becomes the physical therapist for Tony Stark after coming out of cryogenic suspension. Things get personal between the two when Veronica reveals her affection towards Tony Stark. She appears in "The Invincible Iron Man" "Force Works" and "Iron Man:The Ultimate Guide to the Armored Super Hero" comics.

Fun Fact: Tony named Hulkbuster Veronica since he and Banner co built in to "handle" the Hulk. Being Banner love interest named Betty.
a tribute to Betty and Veronica comics.

great info on the comics though. thanks for sharing. :clap

For me, KA's feature of being able to put Mark 43 inside the Hulkbuster is not really necessary but it's a welcome addition. It just adds realism to the Hulkbuster. When you see an Iron Man figure and want to open the helmet you expect to see Tony Stark's head inside it and not just two pieces to LED light plate. It's the same with Hulkbuster, with a Mark 43 inside, it adds realism that there's actually a suit operating inside another suit.

For me, KA's feature of being able to put Mark 43 inside the Hulkbuster is not really necessary but it's a welcome addition. It just adds realism to the Hulkbuster. When you see an Iron Man figure and want to open the helmet you expect to see Tony Stark's head inside it and not just two pieces to LED light plate. It's the same with Hulkbuster, with a Mark 43 inside, it adds realism that there's actually a suit operating inside another suit.

But with those open helmet heads, you only see his face and not his whole head. With the HB you only see the bust, not the whole body. That's the same imo.
I don't care for a whole figure inside the HB. The bust is fine and with me, that won't probably see much daylight anyway. I like my HB closed and ready for action.

Back