Hot Toys 1/6 The Avengers: 1/6 Scale Bruce Banner and Hulk Premium Edition set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you have to consider the base and pieces it comes with, not included in the original release of Hulk, the set is only about $20 more than buying them both separately

Actually more depending where you bought. Hulk was as low as $270 at some places. And Banner $175 at some also. So $445 total, that's a big savings over the set.

Hmm... standalone Banner seems a bit pricey for what amounts to a guy in a suit, but I guess a Hot Toys figure coming in around $200 is more or less normal with a sub-$200 MSRP a little less normal.

And I suspect this recent trend of bundling two-figures in an exclusive set will also become a new normal what with the announcement of the Chitauri figure set and now the Banner/Hulk set.

Hmm... standalone Banner seems a bit pricey for what amounts to a guy in a suit, but I guess a Hot Toys figure coming in around $200 is more or less normal with a sub-$200 MSRP a little less normal.

And I suspect this recent trend of bundling two-figures in an exclusive set will also become a new normal what with the announcement of the Chitauri figure set and now the Banner/Hulk set.

It might be worth holding off on individual 60's TV batman and robin based on this trend.

It might be worth holding off on individual 60's TV batman and robin based on this trend.

That's what I'm afraid of (as I have both of those pre-ordered already). At least the Chitauri option happened simultaneously... But if 1960's Dynamic Duo are released together (well after the indy ones are sent) with some interesting accessory that isn't a part of the individual releases then it'll tick me off and HT should realize that they'll start to alienate the fans who pre-order items upon their initial announcement.

Man what if they a exclusive like that superman a general Zod. Both with their black suits. Might be pretty cool exclusive with a skull base dio.

Actually more depending where you bought. Hulk was as low as $270 at some places. And Banner $175 at some also. So $445 total, that's a big savings over the set.

Hulk was originally $270 at BBTS which was where I scored my double. Too bad they later upped him by $100 which is why he is still in stock there. :(

If there were sizable savings to be had by buying a set instead of the individual figures making up a set (say $40-50) or a really killer exclusive only included with a set, then I'd consider holding off. The problem is that you don't really know if there will be a set if it isn't announced at the same time as the figures comprising the set.

It worked out fine for the Chitauri because the set was announced at the same time as the individual figures, but the Banner/Hulk set is lagging pretty far behind standalone Hulk, which would suck for people who would want both if you could save money by buying the set or if there was a really good exclusive included (this is gladly not the case for Banner/Hulk since I already own the Hulk and want Banner).

Overall, Hot Toys seems to be moving more into really expensive "premium" options... examples being RoboCop and his Mechanical Chair and Harlock and his Throne. These are more annoying than a figure set because it's not like you can get the chair or the throne by themselves whereas a figure set still gives you the option of buying the individual figures separately and just sacrificing a (hopefully) minor exclusive item.

Back