1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody planning on pulling that little insert out of the nose? Baffling to me that they did that, just like the Rubies helmet.

I just took a look at those Dredd gloves...

$_1.JPG

Are they really a workable solution, what with the card on the sleeve?

He does have a saber hook on his belt right? Its on the proto but I don't recall seeing any pics with his saber hanging from his belt.

I just took a look at Clip's unboxing video, it's there on his left hip.

I think people were talking about using the hand portion only (so the fingers meshed with the HT glove material better), and leaving the fingerless gloves on the HT.

Jeez, where were they hiding that helmet this whole time...?

These in-hand pix look great! I might have to order this after all.

I am beyond excited for this figure. HT did an amazing job. Everyone's pictures look great too, keep them coming!

Darth Vader turned out amazing. Hot Toys is simply the best.

Yup. I've been collecting since the beginning, back in 77, and I have to say I've never really had an allegiance toward one company or another - just what I considered was the best product.

But I have to say I am floored by what Hot Toys has done. I originally only planned on getting the all "bad guys" - as I already have the ANH SSC PF good guys - but after seeing Han and Chewie, I've caved and going to get them all :slap

To make it worse, I can't even look at the PF's anymore... :(

So glad I spent all those horded points on this. This feels like a grail figure to me.

To make it worse, I can't even look at the PF's anymore... :(

Between the price rises and our dollar crash I can't even look at PF's anymore either. They have more than doubled in price. Even sixth scale is more than I used to spend on PF's. But I'm happy with sixth scale. I can fit more of them in. :yess:

But if HT does an OT 1/4 Vader, I may be doomed.

There were no naysayers.... complaint about the cape and gloves are valid.... and notice the gloves are hidden in Para's pics.

That was not intentional. Just a single initial pose he was in as suggested by someone else... and it's only his left glove that's behind the cape, you can still see his right. And those pics were mainly to show the adjustments to the chest box, belt and cod piece, hence why the gloves are barely shown.

Wow. Bravo Jay. :clap

You too stealth. You're both killing it!

Wishing the week away!' :lol

:duff

Look forward to your thoughts on him.

I look at this pic and then I look at the cover to my original star wars paperback...
Hot toys nailed it!
Fkn sublime pic, and you sir need to hit them up (Hot Toys), to be one of their blogger photographers!!
Beautiful, beautiful pics for such an amazing looking figure.well done!

Many thanks Glennfett and all the other guys who commented :duff

Vader has surpassed Chewy as my favorite 1/6 ever. Few little niggles but nothing overly important, the wired tunic and poorly executed voice activation etc, nothing that majorly detracts from the figure. I have a damn near perfect representation of the best movie character ever and all thanks to HT :rock

Last edited:
Love these photos and it's great to see just how nice this figure can look with some futzing!

Is there a strap on the cod piece that goes between the legs of the figure? It looks like it in many pictures but in other you can't quite tell if it is there or it's the stand.

Looks amazing in your pics para. Only eye sore is the gloves but its not really a deal breaker. For me anyway. Bravo sir!

I had to hedge. :lol :duff

I freaked too. I wonder if those Dredd gloves are readily available.

Those gloves look like a lot of custom work to get them looking good (like what Hurricane does to them.) Not sure they are a "pop on my HT Vader" type solution to the skeletor hands.

What the **** is your problem with me?

You act as if I destroyed this figure when I have complemented it. I have no need for the talking feature. Not a knock. I said I didn't like the scratches on the cheeks and said it looked good and very screen accuarte. Not a knock, just stating a personal preference. I said I didn't like the stitching on the cape and then a few days later retracted that and said the cape doesn't bother me much. The gloves... which has been a lot of peoples complaint.... still bothers me. They really are terrible.

Seriously man.... Don't cry over this now.

Is that "naysaying." Saying what you don't like about the figure? Then moving on? Then changing your opinion with new pics? I really don't understand some on here. State what I like... I get **** on. State what I hate.... I get **** on. State a simple observation.... I get **** on. State a preference.... I get **** on. I guess I see the norm here now.

To be fair, there was a whole lot of totally legitimate naysaying before the production figure hit.

Vader has surpassed Chewy as my favorite 1/6 ever. Few little niggles but nothing overly important, the wired tunic and poorly executed voice activation etc, nothing that majorly detracts from the figure. I have a damn near perfect representation of the best movie character ever and all thanks to HT :rock

Wait - I thought Luke stormie was your favorite and so got the avatar treatment. I've been mulling getting that guy because of your pics!:lol

But Chewy makes more sense - he gives you the warm fuzzies in more ways than one.

Back