Hot Toys - MMS 68 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale The JOKER collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you already been contacted by Toys2 to switch from Money Order to PayPal in regards to the Hot Toys Joker?

No Bro. It's all written in their FAQs page. You can pre order an item using the Money Order Option during check out and then pay by Paypal or Money order (thus avoiding any preauth charges on your cc.) :D

Cool. I took your advise and did the same, the wording in your post made me think you had already made the switch from MO to PayPal. Thanks.

Cool. I took your advise and did the same, the wording in your post made me think you had already made the switch from MO to PayPal. Thanks.

Well, that's how I do it -- Order via M.O. and pay via paypal. Again, you can check out their FAQs page, most questions are answered there. :D

No I didn't. Learn to read.

Not to dredge this up again, but isn't the issue that Pjam actually ordered two Jokers, just to be sure of getting one? Thus he said, "call me crazy, but I just ordered from Toys2." But johnnyhaggis thought that he meant it would be crazy to order from Toys2 at all. It seems like a pretty straightforward misunderstanding.

Not to dredge this up again, but isn't the issue that Pjam actually ordered two Jokers, just to be sure of getting one? Thus he said, "call me crazy, but I just ordered from Toys2." But johnnyhaggis thought that he meant it would be crazy to order from Toys2 at all. It seems like a pretty straightforward misunderstanding.

Wrong. :lol Pjam said he pre paid for the Joker. Not pre ordered. Pre paid as in paid early so as not to take any chances on it.

And nowhere did I say I pre ordered 2 Jokers, where did you see that?

This is why we have the Quote feature. Use it wisely or suffer the consequences. :lol

Call me crazy but I just pre paid for the HT Joker from Toys2. :rock Not taking ANY chances with this Guy. :lol

Just a note for you Guys who order from Toys2. You can select the Pay by Money Order and no card will be preauthorized. That way you can pay via paypal when the item arrives or as I did pay early when you have funds available in your paypal account.

I also will do this with the Tumbler (so I can send paypal payments over time) and have it paid for before it ships instead of facing a one time payment.

So I just need to take care of the Original Bats next month and I'm good.

OK... I knew that you prepaid but I don't know why that's an important distinction to make here. (I guess you were saying that you normally wouldn't prepay, but you did this time just to be sure?) I thought you had already ordered the figure from Joe. But it just goes to show that even when you think you're being clear, it can be easily be misinterpreted (in two different ways by two different people). I don't think it's worth getting upset over.

As in demand as this figure is, nothing feels better than ordering as soon as Toys2 had it up and securing my payment method. Instead of worrying about getting him, now I just lose patience anticipating him :lol

For the record, I actually did a search before posting AND read the post you quoted Pjam, and I was still confused. (There was a post from you mixed in with posts about people ordering the Joker from other places, and I thought it meant you had ordered the figure too, but I see that you were just talking about that gun for the Joker.) My fault, but not entirely a careless error on my part either.

Anyway, do you guys think that there is any chance that ebay orders placed recently won't be fulfilled?

Anyway, do you guys think that there is any chance that ebay orders placed recently won't be fulfilled?

I'd imagine that's all dependent on the seller. If they offer up POs but can't guarantee how many they'll get and just assume a number based on something, they could end up bit in the ass. I think if you can get from someone reputable you'll be safe, but any old seller isn't a guarantee.

ht will make tons of this figure, but buying from a reputable dealer should always apply. it's 100% awesome and ss should be taking notes on how to create a realistic human sculpt.

As in demand as this figure is, nothing feels better than ordering as soon as Toys2 had it up and securing my payment method. Instead of worrying about getting him, now I just lose patience anticipating him :lol

Same here, quick to click out the preorder for a Bats and Joker and now too ef'n impatient to wait for it to finally ship let alone show up. :(

Speaking of which, when are these guys scheduled to actually start casting off to our homes? Last I heard was July 31st. Is that still the latest word? Medicom's Joker is scheduled for Dec!

Speaking of which, when are these guys scheduled to actually start casting off to our homes? Last I heard was July 31st. Is that still the latest word? Medicom's Joker is scheduled for Dec!

There is no exact date but if I had to guess I would say that Toys2 will ship in the first week of August. Toys 2 WILL be the first to get them.

Pjam, you ever hear anything on the machine gun situation. I didn't place an order but I'm curious if anything develops there. Odds are another Joker figure will have it and a new head I want anyway, but it'd be nice to not worry about parts on eBay or whatever from a v2 figure.

Last update posted 6/29:

Robert from Toys n Swords left me a VM Friday. 21 Cent is out of stock but should be making more sets. Robert said he'd keep us posted via email. :D

So, not good news but not bad news either.

Cool, but its probably best we don't bother him with the same question over and over again. You are doing a great job representing us Pjam :clap

Either way, I'll just be happy to get that Joker gun for a decent price. By the lack of ANYTHING in searchs or ebay, I almost think this set never existed. Very hard to find with such a generic name too.

Ah ok, I caught that stuff, wasn't sure if anything else had developed and got lost in all the other Batmania, the frickin' movie's 2 weeks away, who's thinking about the toys right now haha.

Only once the Joker figure is in hand will I start to stress about the gun. Hopefully 21st cent. will make more soon.

Only once I've seen the movie will I or I won't care about the gun. Right now, I dig it because of his fighting footage in the trailers and all, the gun shooting is the coolest part, but in the end, it may feel like a small, insignificant element of representing him from the movie and I'll be ok with it not being included. The knife's there, the cards too, full costume and a nice portrait, it's got everything I feel necessary without seeing the whole movie, after that, the movie will determine what else I think he should include.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back