*BEWARE SPOILERS* Alien: Romulus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They did kind of set themselves up for an immediate sequel if they want (as much as it makes me shudder to think about.)

Remember the video that showed the rat injected with the goo, then utterly crushed. That thing was DEAD. But the goo made it come back and mutate. Well that one girl who had the slendermorph baby and then got killed, she had also been injected with the goo...

They did kind of set themselves up for an immediate sequel if they want (as much as it makes me shudder to think about.)

Remember the video that showed the rat injected with the goo, then utterly crushed. That thing was DEAD. But the goo made it come back and mutate. Well that one girl who had the slendermorph baby and then got killed, she had also been injected with the goo...
You mean her…

IMG_0341.jpeg

IMG_0340.jpeg

IMG_0342.jpeg

Last edited:
That bottom pic, wow...

I see that ironwez was right and that she really was Dora. Well Romulus makes that super disturbing. :lol

And she was also the daughter in the Netflix movie Sweet Girl? I actually quite liked that one.

That bottom pic, wow...

I see that ironwez was right and that she really was Dora. Well Romulus makes that super disturbing. :lol

And she was also the daughter in the Netflix movie Sweet Girl? I actually quite liked that one.
And she’s Dina in The Last of Us season 2. Wishing Cailee Spaeny was Ellie now.. but still excited to see the new season.

Whoa...okay my opinion on the inclusion of the black goo has completely changed.

Fede Alvarez revealed to Collider that he didn't have the black goo just to reference Ridley Scott's new lore but rather as a reflection on the response to the COVID pandemic. "I'd rather die a human than take something experimental that will turn me into something else." I can't believe he snuck that in there under Disney's corporate noses!

Also: "ÁLVAREZ: I wish I could give you the headline. We're in discussions right now for the Blu-ray release. What I have asked is to release the IMAX version, so it’s full screen [with] no bars."

Oh please succeed where Denis Villeneuve and the Russo Brothers failed. :pray:

https://collider.com/alien-romulus-spoilers-fede-alverez/

Whoa...okay my opinion on the inclusion of the black goo has completely changed.

Fede Alvarez revealed to Collider that he didn't have the black goo just to reference Ridley Scott's new lore but rather as a reflection on the response to the COVID pandemic. "I'd rather die a human than take something experimental that will turn me into something else." I can't believe he snuck that in there under Disney's corporate noses!

Also: "ÁLVAREZ: I wish I could give you the headline. We're in discussions right now for the Blu-ray release. What I have asked is to release the IMAX version, so it’s full screen [with] no bars."

Oh please succeed where Denis Villeneuve and the Russo Brothers failed. :pray:

https://collider.com/alien-romulus-spoilers-fede-alverez/
Holy crap!

Also the smallish $80 million budget was because that was what was approved when it was going to be a Hulu movie like Prey and when they switched to theatrical they never gave him any additional money.
And yet it looked better than most $200-300 million movies.

Can't believe this entire films budget won't even cover RDJ's entire Doomsday salary for probably 15 mins of screentime at a push. Ridiculous.

And yet it looked better than most $200-300 million movies.

Can't believe this entire films budget won't even cover RDJ's entire Doomsday salary for probably 15 mins of screentime at a push. Ridiculous.
Honestly the $80 million is probably what allowed him to get away with so much. He read that HR Giger wanted the top of the facehugger eggs to be a literal vagina but Fox said that'd be too obscene and made him redesign them. Alvarez decided to honor Giger's original wishes so he had the xeno being birthed from a freaking giant vagina on the wall. And this is the "Disney" version!

Another interesting bit was him apparently admitting that he might have gone a little too far with the callbacks and that he'd dial that back if he does a sequel: "While we were watching the trailer for my movie the other day, I felt like there were so many things that connected the other movies in the past. I think there's a new generation that just wants movies that belong to them, that aren't associated with everything that came before. That's what we wanna do."

Last edited:
Honestly the $80 million is probably what allowed him to get away with so much. He read that HR Giger wanted the top of the facehugger eggs to be a literal vagina but Fox said that'd be too obscene and made him redesign them. Alvarez decided to honor Giger's original wishes so he had the xeno being birthed from a freaking giant vagina on the wall. And this is the "Disney" version!
We need smaller budget movies like this this to keep the actual art part of movies alive. Prey, Romulus, John Wick, even Deadpool. They're all passion projects and they work because of that, not because some suit threw the GDP of a small country at it.

I think there's a new generation that just wants movies that belong to them, that aren't associated with everything that came before. That's what we wanna do."
It's not just a new generation that wanys new things. Aside from silly hybrids and black goo nonsense, the other reason I'm very excited about this film is apparently the "greatest hits" from the previous movies or like a cover band playing the hits.
I'd rather have something new.
It does have to actually be a good new thing though. Old man Ridley's silly engineers and black goo were "new" but also rather ****.

How the hell did I not notice this one in the cast? Did they give her some fashionably stupid haircut or something?
He made sure the cast all had looks that would have been present in the 80's as if the film really had been made between ALIEN and ALIENS.

1724860548422.png

He did that with the script too. No modern "2020 speak." He says that's why Rain says "you son of a *****," a phrase that no kids say today, lol.

He made sure the cast all had looks that would have been present in the 80's as if the film really had been made between ALIEN and ALIENS.

View attachment 722700

He did that with the script too. No modern "2020 speak." He says that's why Rain says "you son of a *****," a phrase that no kids say today, lol.
Thank god they cut the scene when Rain used “Whatsapp” to call her offworld cousin to say goodbye.

Thank god they cut the scene when Rain used “Whatsapp” to call her offworld cousin to say goodbye.
I did like that Rain's boyfriend mentioned that some of what he learned about pulse rifles was from magazines since we already know that those will still be a thing in that universe, lol.

1724861063942.png

As weary as I was about this focusing on a younger group, I thought they (and their problems (never seen the sun, watched their parents die in servitude to a corporation)) rang true to existing in the same relative time/space as the basic Space-Haulers from Alien, and the Marines from Aliens.

Last edited:
Back